6164 m / 6780 yards Par: 72 SSS: 72
Mahony’s Point Summary Description
Mahony’s Point offers spectacular views of the famous Killarney lakes overlooked by the McGillicuddy Reeks, the highest mountain range in Ireland. The final three holes are breathtaking as you play towards the lake with the 18th described as “one of the most memorable holes in golf”, a par three of nearly 200 yards that requires a huge carry across the corner of the lake. Discover for yourself why the 18th is the most photographed in the world and has become known as ‘Heaven’s Reflex’.
- Hosted the Irish Ladies Open Championship in 2003 – won by Sophie Gustafson from Sweden.
- Hosted the Irish Ryder Cup Challenge 2006 – won by Australian, John Wade.
- Fabulous lake views on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd holes as well as the 16th, 17th and 18th.
- The 2nd and 3rd are two of the strongest par 4s in golf followed closely by the tough 11th.
- The 13th will leave you mesmerised by the panoramic views of the surrounding lakes.