Length: 6593 m/7252 yds Par: 72 SSS: 73
Killeen Golf Course, Killarney Golf Club Co. Kerry, Ireland
Killeen golf course is what we like to think of as our pièce de resistance here at Killarney Golf Club, and there is very good reason for such a grand statement. The backdrop to Killeen is something very special indeed and provides golfers with a spectacle that cannot be seen anywhere else in the world. The wonderful lake and mountain views make for a spectacular backdrop to one of the world’s most renowned golf courses.
Rory McIlroy, Padraig Harrington and Graeme McDowell extol the virtues of the dramatic closing holes on the Killeen course.
- Host venue to the 2010 and 2011 Irish Open. Ross Fisher emerged victorious in 2010 with fellow countryman Simon Dyson the current Champion.
- Hosted the Irish Open Championship in 1991 and 1992 with Nick Faldo emerging victorious on both occasions.
- In 1996 the Curtis Cup was played on the course with the ladies of Great Britain and Ireland beating the USA in a famous victory.
- Fabulous lake views on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th holes.
- Spectacular par 3 on the 10th virtually playing onto the lake.
- Fabulous closing holes with excellent lake views.