- We wish to inform members that Club updates and notices re Open Days, course clean-ups etc, will no longer be sent via text message. Such information will be sent by email only from now on. If you wish to receive updates from the club and you haven’t already provided your email address to us, please do so by calling to reception.
- Members who pay their membership subscription via direct debit can now purchase up to 2 books of member vouchers (€150 per book of 6 vouchers) and pay via direct debit also. This option only applies until 15th December 2017. Member voucher books will still be available after this date, but payment will only be accepted by cash, credit/debit card.
- A Christmas Concert with the Killarney Men’s Choir, and the launch of the Club’s 125th Anniversary Celebrations will take place on Thursday 21st December at 7.30pm. Light refreshments will be served afterwards and all members are welcome!
- We’re delighted to announce that Santa will make his annual trip to the Club on Saturday 16th December. He will arrive by boat (weather permitting!) at 1.00pm. Any member who has a child or grandchild and who would like to meet with Santa is very welcome to attend. Please sign the child’s name on the Santa sheet on the main noticeboard in the club to ensure that Santa has enough little gifts to go around!
Mixed Competition – Results
Mixed Competition, Sunday 26th November, kindly sponsored by Billy & Lucy O’Callaghan of O’Callaghan Fruit & Veg.
- Mary Geaney 12 & Jack Buckley 19 40pts
- Breda Duggan 25 & Eddie McSweeney 16 39pts
B.G. Amy Arthur 6 & Donal Considine 3 32pts
- Maura Fitzgerald 21& Dermot Roche 12 37pts
- Sinead Galvin 21 & Kieran O’Connor 12 37pts
- Helen Prendergast 24 & Derry O’Connor 10 36pts
Sunday 27th August – Pat Courtney Memorial Mixed- Team of 2. S/ford Killeen
1st Donal O’Sullivan (9)
Carmel Fitzgerald (19) 43 pts
2nd Sylvester Murphy (17)
Susan Tong (15) 40 pts
BG Mark Tuite (5)
Mary O’Doherty (14) 27 gross
3rd Brian Fitzgerald (12)
Bridie Fitzgerald (16) 38 pts
4th Con Healy (10)
Winnie Ryan (21) 37 pts
Mixed Competition August 9th, kindly sponsored by Muckross House
1st. Pat Kelliher, (11) Peggy O’Donoghue (19) 44 pts
2nd Dermot Roche (12) Kathleen Griffin (23) 40 pts
BG Seamus O’Connor (12) Deidre Prendergast (7) 29 gross pts
Mixed Foursome Competition Friday July 7th, kindly sponsored by Greenbelt/Gaelectric.
1st Shane O’Sullivan (5)
Frances Arthur (23) 45 pts
2nd Pat Kelleher (11)
Peggy O’Donoghue (19) 39 pts
3rd Shane Horgan (3)
Deidre Prendergast (6) 38 pts (bk9)
4th Conor Healy ( 9)
Noreen O’Mahony (26) 38 pts
Mixed Competition Friday May 12th sponsored by Gleneagle Hotel Group
1st John Curtin (17) Margaret Curtin (27) 39 pts
2nd Declan Glavin (7) Anne O’Leary (25) 36 pts
BG Simon Gallivan (1) Ailish Mulcahy (8) 30 gross
3rd Seamie O’Connor (14) Mary O’Connor (26) 36 pts
Walsh Print Mixed Competition 28/04/2017 on Mahony’s Point
1st Brendan Brosnan (13) and Kathleen Brosnan (21) 41 pts
2nd Jimmy Kelly (16) and Mary Kelly (28) 40 pts
3rd John Cooper (14) and Sally Cooper (22) 38 pts (bk9)
4th Liam Healy (11) and Katie O’Connell (21) 38 pts (bk9)
Sunday 19th March, kindly sponsored by Keane’s Jewellers – Killeen Course
1st. President Breda Duggan (24) Barry Duggan (17) Sean Kelliher (10) Jane Dwyer (25) 50 pts
2nd Baden Maher (5), Alison Maher (28) Michael Maher (5) Sinead Galvin (23) 49 pts
3rd Matthew O’ Connor (13) Kay O’Connor (15) Joe Geaney (15) Lelia Moloney (16) 48 pts
4th Jer Linehan (17) Betty O’Farrell (15) Dermot Roche (12) Mary Cronin (16) 47 pts
5th Lady Captain Amy Arthur (8) James Arthur (11) Donal Considine (2) Anne Moynihan Rudden (7) 46 pts
Fota Island Reciprocal Agreement
A new reciprocal agreement with Fota Island Golf Club came into effect on Monday March 14th, 2016. Members of Killarney Golf & Fishing Club can now enjoy complimentary green fees at Fota, as well as reduced green fee rates for their playing guests. This additional benefit offers a major perk to being a member of the club, and we hope you’ll have the opportunity to avail of this arrangement during the golfing season. The following are the terms and conditions of the Membership agreement :
- Bookings Monday to Friday only.
- Tee times must be booked through the home club
- Booking may be made at max. of two weeks in advance of the date of play
- Maximum of 2 Fourballs per booking
- Cannot be used when booking as part of a group such as a society, company or corporate outing.
- GUI / ILGU Card to be presented in the Pro Shop on check in
- Summer Rate for guests playing at Fota with a Killarney Golf Club Member will be €45 per person
- Winter Rate for guests playing at Fota with a Killarney Golf Club Member will be €37.50 per person
If you wish to make a tee time reservation for Fota Island Golf Club, please contact us directly on 064 6631034 or email email@example.com.
Please note that from June 1st, the password ‘KGFC1893’ will be required to view competition results and handicap records.
Our new competition booking system, BRS, is now up and running. We would ask all those who have not yet registered to please do so as soon as possible. To register, you will need your 8 digit GUI/ILGU number as your username, as well as a mobile number and an email address. To access BRS, just click here.
We’d like to advise members that you can now view your competition results and handicaps from the website www.masterscoreboard.co.uk
|7||St Finian’s GS|
|9||Killarney Ladies Branch (Mahony’s)|
|9||KGFC Junior Club (Killeen)|
|12||Dermot Roche & Friends|
|14||KGFC Mens Seniors|
|15||Farranfore/Munster Bar GS|
|18||Murphy’s Bar GS|
Results of Management Committee Election
The five members elected on to the Management Council/Committee at the SGM on the 17th September ’13 were as follows: (in Alphabetical Order)
- Sean Coyne
- Louise Langan
- Micheal O’Donoghue
- Patrick O’Donoghue
- Gerard Walsh
To view the monthly reports, please click here.
Killarney Golf & Fishing Club, in association with ClubApp Live Scoring, will now be able to bring Live Scoring direct to your mobile device!
You can download this FREE ClubApp here or by using the link below on your mobile device.
For a summary of Golf Sure cover, please click here
The floodlit driving range at our Golf Academy in Lackabane is open 7 days a week until 10pm. Tokens are available from the Pro Shop in the main clubhouse and from the Academy.
R&A Ruling for KGFC
The Honorary Secretary of Killarney Golf & Fishing Club asked the R&A for a ruling on deer hoof marks on our greens
Below is both the question asked and reply from the R&A:
At a recent committee meeting I was empowered to ask for adjudication from yourselves in relation to Deer Hoof Prints on our greens (we have several hundred native red deer) We note rule 16.1.C & rule 33.8 which would require R&A authorisation
Answer from R&A:
Provided the marks are clearly identifiable as deer hoof prints on the putting green, it is permitted to have a Local Rule declaring the hoof prints to be ground under repair and provide relief under Rule 25-1b(iii). However, the Local Rule should provide relief for the lie of the ball, area of intended swing and the line of putt only. It should not include interference to the stance, as it is the irregularity of the lie and line of putt that is the issue, rather than an irregular of stance due to the hoof print.
Notices to inform members will be posted on the notice boards in the club house.
GUI/ILGU DATABASE OF HANDICAPS
Some members are having problems accessing the Central Database of Handicaps.
To check your handicap and/or playing records, do the following:
Log on to www.golfnet.ie
Enter your 8 digit Membership Number (on back of your membership card). Enter your password.If you have not used the website previously, use the word golfnet as your password.